43005 Nine Mile Road, Novi, Michigan
The Knapp Cemetery is typical of many small family graveyards of the 19th century. It was established in 1836, when Benajah Aldrich set aside one half acre of his farm for burial purposes. Henry Knapp, Benajah Aldrich’s brother-in-law, was the first to be buried here. One can find the Victorian symbol for grief, the weeping willow, on many of the gravestones, as well as footstones, many in their original positions, which bear only the initials of the deceased.
The City of Novi takes care of the cemetery. Burials no longer take place at the cemetery.