Get involved with the Library by joining our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). All high school students are welcome. Help plan teen programs, organize community service projects, and volunteer at programs. Meeting attendance will count towards community service hours.
Teen Video Challenge 2018
The TAB entered and won the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) 2018 Teen Video Challenge at the state level for the second consecutive year! Click here to view the winning video!
Take a look back at the 2017 Winning Video.
The Novi Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) will strive to assist with the improvement of library services for teens by:
- Planning, implementing, and participating in teen programs
- Creating an inviting atmosphere at the library by maintaining a safe, attractive teen area
- Promoting ideas regarding the young adult collection
- Promoting and encouraging reading by teens
- Providing a forum for which teens can share ideas and improve relations between teen patrons and the library
Who is in TAB?
TAB consists of teens in grades 9-12. You do not need to go to school or live in Novi to join.
When Are the Meetings?
TAB meetings are held once per month for one hour.
Why Should You Join?
- TAB members earn volunteer hours for attending meetings and programs
- Brainstorm ideas to impact the Teen Services Department of the Library
- Spend time with other teens planning enjoyable events
- Make a difference in your community
TAB Library Staff Advisor
For questions about TAB, contact Lindsay Fricke, Information Services Librarian, at email or 248-869-7218.