Before you go ahead protect your head! Check out this video on the prevention and treatment of a concussion created by Novi High School students Sachit Grover, Raj Bramhane, Pratik Goswami, Rohan Batra, Harchint Arora, and Arun Annamalai.
Fun and Games
Connect with a tutor to get live, one-on-one, homework help 7 days a week from 2:00pm - 11:00pm. Click on the links below to get online resources.
- eBooks K-8 Collection - is designed for K-8 students and the educators who work with them. It contains more than 6,000 titles chosen to support a quality learning experience for K-8 students across all subjects areas taught in elementary and middle schools, and content aligns with Common Core curriculum standards. The collection also features a selection of teacher resources to support educators and administrators.
- Enchanted Learning - This site contains information on a wide variety of topics and it includes printouts for the student to label.
- Fact Monster - A site that combines essential reference materials, fun facts, features, and individualized homework help.
- Tutor.com - Looking for live online homework assistance from expert tutors? No matter the subject give Tutor.com a try
- Junior Edition - Reference Center Gold - Database designed for middle school students with magazines, newspapers, and reference books on a wide variety of topics.
- Kids Infobits - Database that meets the needs of students in kindergarten through fifth grade. It features a developmentally appropriate, visually graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full text, age appropriate, curriculum-related magazine, newspaper, and reference content.
- Multnomah County Homework Center - This website provides an index of topics and relevant websites.
- Scholastic's Homework Help - A website that has skill building, organizing, writing and preparing help for students.
- NoveList K-8 Plus (from EBSCO) - is especially for younger readers. It has reading recommendations for both fiction and nonfiction for kids in grades K-8, including book reviews from major reviewing sources. Included are reading lists by topic or study units as well as for lessons that meet Common Core State standards.
- World Book Kids - is a general reference website developed especially for children. The site offers simple navigation, easy-to-read articles, multimedia, and a wealth of engaging games, interactive tools and activities.
- Early World Of Living - is an online resource for preschoolers and children in early grades. It was designed for easy integration into the classroom curriculum. The site encompasses three interactive learning environments.
Enciclopedia Estudantil Hallazgos - is a Spanish-language, reference work designed with younger readers in mind.
- BookFlix- is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. An engaging way to link fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration.
Reading & Writing
- General Science
- Building Big - Explore large structures and what it takes to build them
- Earth Science
- Science - History
Fun and Games
If you or someone you know is in suicidal crisis, call a suicide hotline 24/7
1800-799-4TTY (4889) for hearing & speech impaired
Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
If you suspect abuse or neglect