Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Novi Public Library
In September 2020, the NPL Board of Trustees unanimously supported the creation of a standing committee for DEI.
Goals (Approved September 24, 2020)
- Monitor our equity footprint for guest involvement
- Monitor our equity footprint in collections
- Monitor our equity footprint for accountability
- To positively and effectively influence outreach and partnerships pertaining to race relations
- Increase staff and community advocacy, awareness and education of DEI initiatives
- Commit to equal opportunity in employment opportunities and upward mobility for all applicants and employees, including those from historically marginalized populations.
If you would like to connect with the DEI Committee and ask questions or express comments, please email DEInovilibrary@novilibrary.org
. This email is reviewed by members of the committee, therefore a response back may take up to 48 hours. They appreciate your patience as they work to respond in the best way possible.
DEI Committee Recommends
to browse our catalog for this book.
Upcoming Programs & Events
In the Library
Books & Other Materials
Black-Owned Business Resources