|Due to an overwhelming response and very limited volunteer resources, we have to limit accepting donations to the 2nd/4th Thursday of the month, 10am-7pm (weather permitting).
Call the Administration Office at 248-869-7204 with questions.
Drop off donations at the back of the Library, NOTat the front doors (go to entry off of Taft Rd. by Novi High School). Click here to view a map of where donations are accepted
- Place “recent” items in “great” condition in the large black donation bin near the library staff entrance.
- DO NOT DONATE: old/moldy/wet materials, magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, cassette tapes and Reader’s Digests.
- Items donated will be quarantined for 72 hours. Donations can become part of the Library’s collection and/or the Friends Book Nook, Thrift Books, Recycling or Discarded.
Thank you for your donation to the Novi Public Library.
The Novi Public Library accepts cash, check (payable to Novi Public Library,VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Credit card information can be provided over the phone by calling 248-869-7204, or you can donate through PayPal by clicking the DONATE button.
Donate Your Time / Volunteer
Are you interested in volunteering your time at the Novi Public Library? If so, download and complete the application and return it to the Welcome Desk at the Library. We will review your application and contact you when a volunteer opportunity arises.
Volunteering for Adults (ages 18+)
All volunteers must complete an application and background check and have it approved prior to volunteering at the Novi Public Library.
For questions pertaining to adult volunteers, please contact Marcia Dominick or by calling 248-869-7211.
Volunteering for Teens (ages 14 - 17)
Considering a donation to Novi Public Library? The Novi Public Library accepts donations which will be used to increase our collection and enrich our services. Donations are accepted in several different ways:
- Request a matching donation from your place of work when you make a donation to the Novi Public Library.
- Donate money to purchase resources in an area of need at the library. This donation can, if desired, be made in honor or memory of a special person in your life. Further information, and the necessary form to make a gift or memorial donation, can be found listed below.
- Adopt a magazine. The Novi Public Library will accept donations for magazine subscriptions that have been approved by library staff.
- Thank you for helping the Library by donating books, music, and movies that are recent and in good condition. All donated items become the property of the Library and cannot be returned to the donor. Whenever possible, we add these materials to the Library's collections. Items not needed by the Library may be given to the Friends of the Library for their use.
We are unable to accept older materials or items in poor condition, including things that are mildewed, musty, stained, torn, missing pages or damaged in other ways. We do not accept magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, cassette tapes or Readers Digests. For more information or to make a donation, please call the Library.
Donation Drop-off Reminder
Do you have books to donate to the Library? If your book donations exceed 5 bags/boxes they must be dropped off at the Library by appointment only through our Facilities Department. Items less than 5 bags/boxes may still be dropped off in the Library vestibule. To set up an appointment call 248-869-7209.