Friday, May 24, 2019 at 6pm
$20 per hour
Detailed Job Description
Position: Communication Coordinator
Reports to: Library Director
Out of over 400 public libraries in Michigan, Novi Public Library is the only library to receive the QSAC (Quality Services Audit Checklist) Excellent Level Certification from the Library of Michigan. We are proud to serve the Novi Community and work every day to inform, inspire include. Join our Team!
- Plans and implements a creative and proactive marketing and public relations program for the Library; responsible for the development, production and distribution of all printed and digital marketing materials; coordinates displays; promotes community awareness of the Library's resources, services and programs; manages budgetary needs for community promotion.
- Writes and coordinates the inclusion of library information in various formats: Engage Magazine, Library's E-newsletter, in-house calendar of events and digital screens, news releases for all programs and events, special announcements, changes in services and programs.
- Hosts the Library's cable program Beyond Books; updates the Library's website and social media sources, and provides updates for inclusion of library news to citywide platforms; coordinates website design with current vendor.
- Assists with the organization of meeting room rentals, special events/receptions, programs and fund-raisers for the Library; manages other marketing/communications activities as required by the Library Director.
- Serves as a face for the Library as well as liaison to various library groups: the Friends of the Novi Library, Camera Club, the Library's programming team and web development team.
Hours: 24 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Computer proficiency in office applications (Microsoft environment); Software expertise required: Prezi, Constant Contact, lnfographics, and Adobe software.
- Inspired to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities, interruptions and demands, and resolve problem situations in a positive manner.
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple projects effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and creative.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Physical mobility, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity essential.
- Maintain physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, bending, and /or walking for extended periods of time; stooping; crouching; reaching; carrying books or boxes of books; pushing book carts; seeing; keyboarding; using the telephone; lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds; push or pull with wheeled cart up to 500 pounds; operating assigned equipment; picking up litter; spreading ice melt.
- Evening and weekend hours are required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Time benefits (vacation, personal business, holiday, and sick) based on a part-time employee formula.
- Monday, 9:30am - 6pm
- Wednesday, 9:30am - 6pm
- Friday, 9:30am - 6pm
How to Apply
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
- Resume, cover letter and application required.
Novi Public Library
45255 W. 10 Mile Rd.
Novi, Ml 48375