Information Services Library Intern, Part-time
Open Until Filled
$11.52 per hour
Detailed Job Description
Are you our next great Library Intern? Here is your opportunity to work at a great library with a fun staff. Join our team and work collaboratively to provide youth, tween, and teen programming. Gain experience on the reference desk, collection development, outreach, summer reading program planning and implementation, and much more.
- Provides readers' advisory, reference services and computer assistance using a variety of collections, materials and formats.
- Participates in collection development and maintenance as needed, keeping within monetary and physical space constraints.
- Plan, implement and promote programming services appropriate to the needs of the community.
- Engage in outreach opportunities within the community.
- Works positively and collaboratively across departments to accomplish department goals.
Evening and weekend hours are required.
- Currently enrolled in a Master's Degree in Library/ Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
- Knowledge of adult and youth literature preferred.
- Ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities, interruptions and demands, and resolve problem situations in a positive manner.
- Communicate effectively with patrons, co-workers, and professional colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Dedication to public service.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, self-motivated and creative.
- Strong obligation to confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Internet and computer related technology.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Physical mobility, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity essential.
- Maintain physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, bending, and /or walking for extended periods of time; stooping; crouching; reaching; carrying books or boxes of books; pushing book carts; seeing; keyboarding; using the telephone; lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds; push or pull with wheeled cart up to 500 pounds; operating assigned equipment; picking up litter; spreading ice melt.
Hours: 19 hours per week
Tuesday, 2:30pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday, 9:30am - 3:00pm
Friday/Saturday Rotation (A Team), 9:30am - 6:00pm
How to Apply
Resume, cover letter and application required
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
Novi Public Library
45255 W. Ten Mile Road
Novi, Michigan 48375