Information Services Youth Librarian, Part-Time
November 5, 2018, 5:00pm
$21.90 per hour
Detailed Job Description
- Provides readers' advisory, reference services and computer assistance using a variety of collections, materials and formats.
- Trains and assists patrons with day-to-day computer questions and learning new technology and software.
- Plan, implement and promote programming services appropriate to the needs of the community. In addition, design and present story times for children age's birth - Kindergarten.
- Participates in collection development and maintenance, keeping within monetary and physical space constraints.
- Engage in outreach opportunities within the community.
- Works positively and collaboratively across departments to accomplish department goals.
- MLS from an ALA accredited school.
- Knowledge of youth literature.
- Experience presenting children's story times age's birth - Kindergarten.
- Dedication to public service.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, self-motivated and creative.
- Knowledge of Internet and computer related technology.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; verbal. written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Physical mobility, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity essential.
- Maintain physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, bending, and /or walking for extended periods of time; stooping; crouching; reaching; carrying books or boxes of books; pushing book carts; seeing; keyboarding; using the telephone; lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds; push or pull with wheeled cart up to 500 pounds; operating assigned equipment; picking up litter; spreading ice melt.
Salary: $21 .90 per hour
Hours: 18 hours per week
- Monday, 3:30-9 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:30 - 3 p.m.
- Friday/Saturday (C Team), 9:30 - 6 p.m.
How to Apply
Resume, cover letter and application required.
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
Novi Public Library
45255 W. Ten Mile Road
Novi, Michigan 48375