Information Services Substitute Librarian, Part - time
$18.50 per hour
Detailed Job Description
- Provides readers' advisory and reference services.
- Provides computer assistance using a variety of collections, materials and formats.
- Promotes programming services appropriate to the needs of the community; manages volunteers.
- Trains and assists patrons with day-to-day computer questions and learning new technology and software.
- Works on special projects and tasks as assigned.
Hours: Flexibility to work varied hours, including Sundays.
- MLS from an ALA accredited school.
- Knowledge of adult and youth literature.
- Proficient in MS Office, Internet browsers, and other computer related technology.
- Communicates effectively with patrons, co-workers, and professional colleagues.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly, self-motivated, create and approachable.
- Adapts and responds to multiple priorities, interruptions and demands, and resolve problem situations in a positive manner.
- Dedicated to public service.
- Dedicated to providing positive customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Resume, cover letter, and application required.
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
Novi Public Library
45255 W. Ten Mile Rd.
Novi, Ml 48375