Support Services Clerk (Technical Services), Permanent Part-Time
Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 5pm
$11 .56 per hour
Detailed Job Description
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties assigned in the ILS Module accurately and efficiently; problem solves guest and catalog issues.
- Performs workroom duties and other tasks as assigned, including sorting and loading carts for shelving; shelving of materials; shelf reading; processing holds, returns, and other materials from delivery; troubleshooting and maintenance operations of the AST System; answering main phone, directing calls, and making public address announcements as needed; and registering cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Adapts and responds to multiple priorities, interruptions, and demands; retains knowledge and stays up-to-date on c urrent Library policies and procedures; communicates effectively with guests, co-workers, and professional colleagues.
- Assists with opening and closing procedures for the Support Services Department.
- Assists with the overall maintenance and orderliness of the Library's collections, display areas, and department areas.
- Assists, as assigned, to perform Technical Services duties. Performs acquisitions duties, cataloging, MARC record maintenance, materials processing and maintenance, and processing of ILL and MeLCat materials.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bac helor's Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of alphabetical, numerical, and decimal systems of arrangement.
- Proficient in MS Office, Internet browsers, and other computer related technology.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly, self-motivated, creative and approachable.
- Dedicated to providing positive customer service.
- Dedicated to public service.
- Strong obligation to confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Possession of valid Michigan driver's license.
- Physical mobility, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity essential.
- Maintain physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking for extended periods of time; stooping; crouching; reac hing; carrying books or boxes of books; pushing book carts; seeing; keyboarding; using the telephone; lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds; push or pull with wheeled cart up to 500 pounds; operating assigned equipment; picking up litter; spreading ice melt.
- Evening, weekend, and some holiday hours are required.
Hours: 23 hours per week
- Monday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Benefits: Time benefits (vacation, personal business, and sick) based on a part-time employee formula.
How to Apply
Resume, cover letter, and application required.
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
Novi Public Library
45255 W. Ten Mile Rd . .
Novi, Ml 48375