Technology Assistant – Information Services Part-Time
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 by 5pm
$ 12.75 per hour
Detailed Job Description
- Assists guests with using library technology, including troubleshooting related to logging in, emailing, using browsers, operating system, wireless access, etc.
- Trains and assists patrons with online catalog, day-to-day computer questions and learning new technology.
- Monitors the Library's print management system, helping guests sign-in, print, and the application of monies.
- Provides limited reader's assistance to guests (checking for book availability, placing holds and locating materials on shelves).
- Works positively and collaboratively across departments to accomplish department goals.
- Ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities, interruptions and demands, and resolve problem situations in a positive manner.
- Assists guests with i-Cube equipment.
Hours: 15 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months' work experience in a public library preferred.
- Knowledge of business resources both print and electronic.
- Dedicated to providing positive customer service.
- Dedicated to public service.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly, self-motivated, creative and approachable.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong obligation to confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office, Internet browsers, and other related technology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Physical mobility, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity essential.
- Values diversity in the workplace and in the community.
- Ability to speak multiple languages helpful.
- May require a valid Michigan driver's license based on assignment.
- Maintain physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, bending, and /or walking for extended periods of time; stooping; crouching; reaching; carrying books or boxes of books; pushing book carts; seeing; keyboarding; using the telephone; lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds; push or pull with wheeled cart up to 500 pounds; operating assigned equipment; picking up litter; spreading ice melt.
- Evening, weekend, and some holiday hours are required.
- Monday, 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday/Saturday Rotation (B Team), 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
How to Apply
Resume, cover letter, and application required.
Send to: Marcia Dominick, Administrative Assistant
Novi Public Library
45255 W. Ten Mile Rd.
Novi, Ml 48375