Charles Rogers Mansion
43180 Nine Mile, Novi, Michigan
This Colonial Revival structure was built by Charles Rogers on the farm once owned by early Novi settler, Sally Thornton. Rogers married Isabelle Thornton, granddaughter of Sally Thornton. The fireplace of the mansion features a cornerstone from the smokehouse of the Thornton farm inscribed 1877. The neighboring Thornton house was moved to its current location on Eleven Mile in the 1980’s. Local history credits Charles Rogers with being the inventor of condensed milk. The building now houses a restaurant.