LIBRARY CLOSED THROUGH DEC. 8. ALL SERVICES SUSPENDED. CLICK HERE.
The Novi Public Library is closed as of 6 pm. Monday, November 30, 2020 through Tuesday, December 8, 2020 due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19. This closure will allow us to deep clean the building and ensure the safety of our community and staff. All services have been suspended. The Library plans to reopen on December 9, 2020 from 10 am – 6 pm.
The Library would like to thank the Novi community for their patience during this time. Please watch the Library's website and Facebook to get important updates.
PROGRAMMING AND CLASSES
- NPL has planned many virtual programs. For more information about upcoming programs, visit the online calendar.
YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
NEED TO SPEAK TO LIBRARY DIRECTOR, JULIE FARKAS?
- Check My Account on novilibrary.org
- All library cards that were expired or were set to expire in October, November or December 2020 have been given an extension and will not expire until January 2021 or later. Your library card will remain active during our closure so you don't have to renew your card until we reopen.
Call 248-869-7233, Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm.
NO LOBBY, DRIVE-UP WINDOW SERVICE AND RETURN SLOTS ARE CLOSED
- No items will be due during the closure. The Novi Library will NOT be charging overdue fines during the closure. Keep all of your materials until we reopen.
NO HOLD LOCKERS SERVICE AVAILABLE
For more information regarding the closure, please see the FAQ below
- Your hold(s) will continue to stay on our shelf until we open again.
Important Local Resource
Fun Things To Do At Home
How long are you closed?
What dates is the Library closed for holidays?
The Novi Public Library is closed through Tuesday, December 8.
The Library will be closed on:
Will you provide any services during the closure?
- Thursday, December 24
- Friday, December 25
- Thursday, December 31
- Friday, January 1.
No. All services have been suspended. Cardholders will continue to have 24/7 access to hundreds of e-books, magazines, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, research databases and more. To, access any of these resources, please visit our Digital Library page, Online Tools page, or our Youth Online Resources page. A valid Novi Library card is required.
Need to speak to Library Director, Julie Farkas?
Call 248-869-7233, Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm.
Will you host programs, classes and room rentals?
NPL has planned many virtual programs. For more information regarding programming, visit the online calendar
What do I do with my library materials?
Do not return any items to the automatic and manual drop boxes. They are closed. No items will be due during our closure. The Novi Library will NOT be charging overdue fines during the closure
Should I follow the due dates listed on my items?
No, you do not need to follow the due dates listed. Regardless of the date listed, no items are due
Why are there fines listed on my account from when the Library is closed?
Fines may still show on your account for items during our closure, but when we reopen, you will NOT
be charged those fines.
Will my items be automatically renewed?
Can I place items on hold by using the online catalog?
- Yes. Items will auto-renewal if:
- The item does not have holds
- The item has not reached its limit of 2 renewals
- Your account does not have blocks preventing renewals
- It is an item that is eligible for renewals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- When do auto-renewals occur?
- Auto-renewals will occur 3 days before an item's due date. You will still receive your full loan period, as the renewal period is added at the end of the original loan.
- Will I get a notification if an item has auto-renewed?
- No, you will not receive a notification of the successful auto-renewal of items; items that can be renewed will be renewed with no notification. However, if you have opted in to receive checkout and renewal receipts via email, then you will be sent an email renewal receipt when items are auto-renewed.
- I already returned my item. Why did the item auto-renew?
- If you already returned the item, it is currently in quarantine for 5 days but still on your account, and that is why it automatically renewed. Please allow one (1) week for the item to come off of your account as it goes through our quarantine procedure.
- What if an item doesn't auto-renew?
- If an item cannot be renewed, you will receive a due date reminder by your chosen notification method (email, text or phone). Please return items by the due date so that other library patrons can enjoy them and to avoid accruing late fees.
What will happen with my holds during the closure?
Your hold(s) will continue to stay on our shelf until we open again.
Can I drop off donations?
No. We will not be accepting donations at this time.
Can I buy materials from the Book Nook?
No. The Book Nook is closed through Sunday, December 13.
Will the Library Café be open?
No. The Library Café is closed through Tuesday, December 8.
Who do I talk to about room rentals?
. We are not offering room rentals at this time.
Will the Library be doing outreach?
No. The Library has suspended outreach services until further notice.
What types of digital services are available?
We have e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and streaming. These can be accessed through Overdrive, Libby, RBDigital, and Hoopla.
How do I access NPL's digital services?
Directions per your device are available on the Digital Library
page. Click on the service you would like to try and complete directions are available to match your device.
What types of online homework resources does NPL have available?
Check out the Online Tools
page. Databases are listed under subjects. We also have Online Teen Resources
and Online Youth Resources
Do you have any recommendations on what to read?
Yes. There are book lists available for adults
. Check out our Goodreads
Do you have any online activities available?
Follow us on Facebook
, and Instagram
for more fun craft videos and story times. You can also participate in an teen virtual escape room. It's geared towards tweens but can be enjoyed by all!
Can I learn a language from home?
Yes. Now is a great time to learn a new language. Try our Pronunciator
database! You will be speaking a new language in no time.
Do you have any online courses available?
Yes. Brush up on computer skills, learn new career skills, get some professional development, with Lynda.com. Get inspired with new arts and crafts ideas through CreativeBug. Learn how to code through Vidcode. All of these are available on our Online Tools