Get involved with the Library by joining our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). All high school students are welcome. Help plan teen programs, organize community service projects, and volunteer at programs. Meeting attendance will count towards community service hours.
TAB Meeting Dates
November 15, 2019
December 13, 2019
The Novi Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) will strive to assist with the improvement of library services for teens by:
- Planning, implementing, and participating in teen programs
- Creating an inviting atmosphere at the library by maintaining a safe, attractive teen area
- Promoting ideas regarding the young adult collection
- Promoting and encouraging reading by teens
- Providing a forum for which teens can share ideas and improve relations between teen patrons and the library
Who is in TAB?
TAB consists of teens in grades 9-12. You do not need to go to school or live in Novi to join.
When Are the Meetings?
TAB meetings are held once per month for one hour.
Why Should You Join?
- TAB members earn volunteer hours for attending meetings
- Brainstorm ideas to impact the Teen Services Department of the Library
- Spend time with other teens planning enjoyable events
- Make a difference in your community
2019-2020 TAB Officers
Back row (left to right): Nadia, Bryan, Aashish
Front row (left to right): Kate, Aliyah
TAB Officer Bios
Aliyah H. – President
Hi, my name is Aliyah. I am a junior at Novi High School and I am from Canada. I was the Summer Teen Leader at the library in 2018.
Bryan N. – TAB Vice President
Hi, my name is Bryan. I am a senior at Novi High School. I enjoy playing tennis as well as giving back to the Novi community.
Kate L. – Secretary
Hi, my name is Kate. I am a junior at Novi High School. I love to work with others to become an active voice in our schools and communities.
Nadia M.W. – Activities Director
Hi, my name is Nadia. I am a junior at Novi High School. I like to make my own jewelry.
Aashish T. - Historian
Hi, my name is Aashish. I am a junior at Novi High School. I am part of the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) and Forensics at school. I am a big Disney fan and I love watching Disney movies.
TAB Library Staff Advisor
For questions about TAB, contact Lindsay Gojcaj, Information Services Librarian, at email or 248-869-7218.
Teen Video Challenge
The TAB entered and won the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) 2017 and 2018 Teen Video Challenge at the state level, which promoted reading and using the library.