Teen Advisory Board
TAB Meetings will resume in September 2021. The first meeting of the 21-22 school year will be held on Friday, September 24 at 3:30pm. Register here.
Get involved with the Library by joining our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). The Novi Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) will strive to assist with the improvement of library services for teens by:
- Planning, implementing, and participating in teen programs
- Creating an inviting atmosphere at the library by maintaining a safe, attractive teen area
- Promoting ideas regarding the young adult collection
- Promoting and encouraging reading by teens
- Providing a forum for which teens can share ideas and improve relations between teen patrons and the library
Who is in TAB?
All high school students in grades 9-12 are welcome to join. You do not need to live or go to school in Novi to join. While there is no formal process to join TAB, we encourage teens to be consistent with their attendance at meetings.
When Are the Meetings?
Monthly TAB meetings are held on Fridays at 3:30-4:30pm from September-May. To register for upcoming TAB Meetings, visit our Teen Programming page and search for TAB Meetings then click on register.
Why Should You Join?
- TAB members earn volunteer hours for attending meetings if registered in our Teen Volunteer Program
- Brainstorm ideas to impact the Teen Services Department of the Library
- Spend time with other teens planning enjoyable events
- Make a difference in your community
2021-2022 TAB Officers
TAB Officers are elected for a 9 month term from September-May. Officer elections are held at the annual May meeting unless otherwise specified.
TAB Library Staff Advisor
For questions about TAB, contact Lindsay Gojcaj, Information Services Librarian, at email or 248-869-7218.
Teen Video Challenge
The TAB entered and won the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) 2017 and 2018 Teen Video Challenge at the state level, which promoted reading and using the library. TAB members wrote a video script and recorded a skit to promote reading and using the Novi Public Library. Congratulations TAB on this accomplishment!