NPL @ Your Door, is a new service provided to Novi residents to receive library materials by mail: books, movies, audiobooks, and more. If a resident cannot come to the library due to accessibility, illness, or other reasons, we can mail materials to a Novi home address. Only items owned by Novi Public Library are eligible to be mailed.
By signing up for this service, a resident must:
- agree to use the service on a permanent or temporary basis for a required minimum of four weeks.
- agree that their library card will be used exclusively for the NPL @ Your Door program. The resident may not use their library card for any checkouts or returns at the Library, including the drive-up window, lockers, Lakeshore Lending Library, or Outreach delivery locations.
In order to be eligible for this service, a guest must:
- be a Novi resident
- have a valid NPL library card in good standing. Don't have a library card? Call 248-349-0720.
- be 18 years old or older. If a guest is under 18 years old, a parent/legal guardian must sign the child up for the NPL @ Your Door service and take responsibility for all borrowed items.
NPL @ Your Door Usage Policy
Applications are now being accepted. To apply for this service, please contact our Support Services Department Outreach staff by phone at 248-869-7214 or by email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
NPL @ Your Door is a service provided to Novi residents to receive library materials by mail: books, movies, audiobooks, and more. If a resident cannot come to the library due to accessibility, illness, or other reasons, we can mail materials to their home.
- Must be a Novi resident.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- If under 18 years old, a parent, guardian or caregiver must sign the child up for the NPL @ Your Door Program and take responsibility for all borrowed items.
- Must have a valid NPL library card in good standing.
No. A resident is allowed one library card per person, which will be used exclusively for NPL @ Your Door materials by mail. They may not use their library card for any checkouts or returns at the Library, including the drive-up window, lockers, Lakeshore Lending Library, or any Outreach delivery location.
No. Overdue fines are waived for NPL @ Your Door participants.
Yes. Standard library fees apply for lost and/or damaged materials.
- Any item not owned by NPL, including all MeLCat items
- Be Active Bags
- Holiday Picture Books
- Local History
- Lucky Day
- Magazines (Adult, Young Adult, & Youth)
- Reference Books
- Special Needs Kits
- STEAM Kits
- Story Time Backpacks
Shipping times may vary. Expect most items to take up to one week to arrive.
Shipping times may vary. Expect most items to take up to one week to return to NPL.
Materials are mailed directly to the resident in a mailer bag at no charge. The resident is required to mail all materials back to the Library within the checkout time limit using the provided postage prepaid mailer bag.
If a resident accidentally forgets to mail an item back with the rest of their checkouts, they should contact the Outreach staff immediately at 248-869-7205.
No. The postage for the mailer bag is prepaid, and residents must return all materials in the provided mailer bag. They may not return materials at the Library, including through drive-up return slots or at Outreach delivery locations.
If you no longer require materials by mail and wish to resume normal in-person services at the Library, please give our Outreach staff a call at 248-869-7205. We will be happy to assist you in switching the status of your library card.
The number of items a resident can check out at any time is determined by how many can fit in one mailer bag. If it fits, we will ship it.
Residents are allowed one (1) mailer bag per cardholder at a time.
To place a hold on materials, contact the Outreach staff directly at 248-869-7205 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Novi items can be placed on hold for residents.
Items from other shared system libraries or MeLCat items cannot be placed on hold and/or cannot fill a hold for a NPL @ Your Door resident.
Yes, residents can request particular authors, titles, and/or place items on hold.
Yes, residents can choose “Librarian’s Choice” for their materials option.
Yes, please choose that option (“Continuous”) when you apply for the program. You may have one mailer bag at a time. When we receive a mailer bag back from you, we will begin to prepare a new one for you to be sent as soon as possible.